De-titling and Reissuing a Cancelled Title

De-title  Process

The owner may de-title a mobile home by surrendering the certificate of title; or titles if more than one unit or if a new home that has not been titled the certificate of origin or manufactured statement of origin for cancellation through their local county clerk or mailed directly to the Taxpayer and Vehicle Services Division.

Required documents to be submitted:

  • Certificate of Title or Certificate of Origin or Manufactured Statement of Origin.
  • Certified copy of deed or instrument of conveyance evidencing the real property.
  • Certified copy of the affidavit of affixation.
  • Letter of request to de-title

Once de-title process is completed by the Taxpayer and Vehicle Services Division, information pills notification will be made to the lienholder or owner by stamping the word DE-TITLE on the face of the certificate of title or titles for each unit, health certificate of origin or manufacturer statement of origin and mailing or faxing it to the lienholder.

If your home was never titled then to DE-TITLE  could prove to be very stressful.


Reissuing a Cancelled Title

For the purpose of selling, abortion a new Certificate of Title can be reissued for a mobile home . To begin this process owners will need to provide :

  • A abstract of land , showing legal ownership of the mobile home
  • A lien or lienholder’s statement that the lien is to be recorded on the face of the Certificate of Title

All fees will be collected at the time of service.